From Ambrose Pinto, Principal, St. Aloysius College, Bangalore:
Why should the Vice-Chancellor of Hyderabad Central University be sacked?
1. He is no academician and more a bhakt appointed to his closeness to the saffron brigade
2. He is there to propagate an ideology & not to assist in the transmission and generation of knowledge.
3. He is accused in the institutional murder of Rohit Vemula and he has questions to respond to.
4. He is determined to suppress the student movement that has been formed in the campus for justice.
5. He has no love for students. In nexus with the police he has stopped the supply of water, closed the messes, cut off the electricity and internet services with the logistic support of the Telangana government .
6. He has snatched away all the fundamental rights of the students and there is no space for democratic rights.
The University is caught between the fascism of the Hindutva brigade on one side and the state police on the other. This is no academic environment.
Let us join in the demands of the University & Studemts
1. Sack and arrest VC Appa Rao immediately. He does not deserve to be there.
2. Release all the students and faculty who are detained and arrested by the police
3. Withdraw the police force from the campus.
4. Restore the democratic rights of the students of University of Hyderabad.